Sunday 10 March 2013

Dinner and a Movie

I watch a load of movies, and every so often I feel like I'm the best film critic in the world so I tell the internet about them.

Dirty Girl:
"And Remember, nobody likes a Dirty Girl"
This is probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
Set in 1950's Oklahoma a young girl whose life is being turned upside down by her Mothers new boyfriend and the prospect of having to share her bedroom with a new Step Sister decides to run away to her estranged Father across the southern states of America with her new friend, Clark. The movie is a crazy whirlwind of adventure, family and friendship with a damned good soundtrack. You'll cry, you'll laugh and you'll be singing at the top of your lungs from the couch.



Best Exotic Marigold Hotel:
"Everything will be all right in the end, if it's not all right, It's not the end"
A touching movie that follows the first few months of Old People going on a new adventure in India to escape their dull lives in England. They move to the "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" owned by a young, charismatic guy trying to live up to the expectations of his mother and older brothers. You see how the characters change and come to terms with the prospect of their lives coming to an end. Tragic, Romantic, Heart Warming Suspenceful this movie has it all! I loved it. Then we ate Indian food which was delicious.





To Rome With Love:
Set in the beautiful city of Roma, Woody Allen takes us on a well written trip through young love in its many different forms, from Newly Weds to the Betrothed and a lovely love triangle in the middle between old friends and a boyfriend. While, for most of the scenes including the old architect, I was pretty confused and had to read a load of subtitles I really enjoyed this film. I'm not an avid Woody Allen film watcher or lover- This being the second one I've seen- I do have an appreciation for his random creativity and for allowing us, as the viewers, the chance to see the difference between film talk and conversations between people in real life. No one talks like Edward and Bella. I was glad for the wake up call.









Avengers 
I actually wished I had a pen and paper with me while I was watching this film, because there were so many parts that I actually loved. I loved the humour and the wit in Logys scenes, the subtle hints to how out of tune Captain America is with modern society and of course all the fantastic action and fighting and Robert Downy Jr.
I cant wait to see the next one and even think Ill be renting the pre-quells and watching all of them too.