Thursday 28 March 2013

The Invisible Kind

I feel like there are three kinds of communications in relationships. Not just sexual relationships but with friends and families too.

1. The Physical:
That's things like the hugs and the pats on the shoulders. Things that physically show intimacy or trus within people. Its a sign of being comfortable enough with some one to have that.
That's why it freaks me out when people touch me all the time and I don't know them. It took ages for me to get comfortable with my Shnat friends enough to actually touch them and hug them.

2. The Verbal:
Obviously, we are a communicative people. We have languages and all sorts of instant ways to connect and contact each other. But it goes deeper than just a text every-so-often. People need to have face to face verbal communication to have a functioning relationship. You can bottle things up inside and hope that this person can read your mind and know exactly what you're thinking.


3. The Invisible Kind:
People that have the other two types of communication down will have an inherent ability to trust each other. Its like communicating without communicating.
I know that my really good friends will still be my really good friends and nothing will have changed between us even if I don't talk to them for a year.
I know that when I see them again, we'll just slip right back into that knowing and it will be like we had never been apart.
I don't need you to call me all the time or text every five minutes. I just need to know that you're there and that if I do need to talk or something, I can count on you.

These things are beautiful, and if we can do this- this whole being super in tune with each other that we never have to talk or see each other but still be fantastic people - I will gladly spend the rest of my life being that way with you.

xxx