Tuesday 25 March 2014

I spend too much money on clothes for my body.

Could it be that horrible affliction of Body Vs. Mind Vs. Soul that we hear all too often being a part of Generation X? Maybe, but maybe it's the fact that I've been looking for boots since I was 7 years old and my last pair got a hole in the toe. They were really cute little brown boots that kinda look like Timberlands... sign... that day killed me forever. I haven't been the same since.
BUT, I found these at this fantastic shoppe called Factorie, maybe you've hear of it? Its from New Zealand. This also begs the question as to why, oh why South African designers cant hit the mark with good fashionable wear for the broke ass students. We seem to only end up with ill fitting, horribly made and even worse fabric choices from places like Edgars and Mr Price. Yes, yes you can tell me all about home grown and the whole re-branding thing, but lets be honest, it's still pretty shit and not quite as unique as we'd like to think. How am I supposed to be 'me', if ten thousand other people are also being 'them', whilst wearing the same clothes. Bla bla clothes don't make you who you are and you'd still be beautiful if you wore a plastic bag, inner beauty and all that, but hey, nothing beats a good pair of boots when that Winter Chill sets in and then you can take your plastic bag and tell me your toes aren't cold...
...and besides, really good South African designed clothes from Sgt. Pepper or good old YDE will pretty much break the bank, so...
My boots are cool and you can suck it biatch.
I've been wearing them all week cause they're amazing



&Kathrynwhat